Open Position at Trinity Episcopal Parish
Working Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Rector (also works in regular consultation with the Property Committee)
This position is responsible for the complete oversight and maintenance of all buildings and grounds owned and operated by Trinity Parish, and for the oversight of lease compliance of those properties owned by Trinity Parish and operated and maintained by our tenants. In addition to the day-to-day operations and management of these properties, this person should be able to identify problems, prioritize tasks and problem solve on issues, both routine and emergency, relating to all land, building and equipment so that these assets are maintained efficiently and hold their value as church assets and historic properties.
- Supervise and/or perform all daily and seasonal maintenance and housekeeping functions.
- Maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors, parish staff, tenants, parishioners, and committee members.
- Supervise all professionally contracted maintenance services.
- Assist the Vestry and/or its subcommittees in the supervisory management of all special and capitol construction or maintenance projects.
- Under the Rector’s supervision, supervises and manages all property personnel to include recruiting, training, and performance evaluation.
- Manage and maintain property contracts that include operations, engineering, cleaning, repair, remodeling, parking, security, and landscaping.
- Assist with operations analysis, budget preparation and management, capitol spending, and business and financial planning for the Parish property.
- Facilitate building, land and equipment related insurance claims.
- Perform as needed minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry repairs, lawn maintenance, and grounds keeping (including snow removal when applicable).
- Ensure that routine inspections of all equipment are performed.
- Be available for special services when directed to do so.
- Ensure that Sunday Sexton coverage is adequate to meet the needs of all routine, seasonal and special church services.
- Assist in establishing and implementing emergency plans and practice; direct and assist with evacuations; assist emergency authorities and response teams.
- Act as primary response on all Trinity Parish alarm system.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or RPA or 5 to 7 years experience in property/maintenance management.
- 2-5 years management experience with profit and loss responsibility.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to complete hard manual labor on a periodic basis and a moderate level of manual labor on a regular basis.
- Working understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding of construction and general knowledge of electrical, mechanical, building codes, ADA requirements and local laws including responsibilities and methods of practice for architectural and engineering disciplines.
- Strong planning, organizational, management, communication, and diplomatic skills.
Please send resume with cover letter to the Reverend Patricia Downing at email@example.com.