Many parishioners are involved in welcoming visitors and helping new members find a comfortable place in our parish, and they are always looking for more volunteers as:
- Welcoming committee members to welcome visitors and newcomers as they arrive for worship at the 10:30 service and make sure they complete visitor cards and meet parishioners at coffee hour.
- Coffee-hour refreshment volunteers who sign up to bring light refreshments for all to share at coffee hour after worship services.
- Hospitality volunteers to oversee coffee hour needs and offer hospitality.
- Shepherds who help newcomers become acclimated at Trinity.
At Trinity, we have many opportunities to lend a hand — whether it’s working on a committee, spending a few hours helping in the office, or providing a meal for a parishioner in time of need. Check out these opportunities to see where you can get involved.
- The vestry is the leadership group charged with articulating the mission of the parish and managing financial responsibilities. The parish elects vestry members to serve three-year terms.
- Vestry subcommittees are ad-hoc committees of vestry and lay members who work on specific topics or tasks such as adult education, building connections, or website updates for varying lengths of time.
- The stewardship committee is a volunteer group that organizes the annual stewardship message and materials.
- Meal train volunteers bring a meal or meals to a parishioner who has a new child or is in need due to surgery, illness, or other crisis. Anyone can sign up to prepare a meal through the Meal Train
- Office volunteers assist in the parish office on an as-needed basis, helping to assemble bulletins, answer phone calls, stuff envelopes, and other administrative tasks.
- Greens workshop arrangers typically gather on a Saturday morning near Christmas to create the beautiful Christmas arrangements used in the churches, chapel, and foyer.
- ESL Classes are held weekly for parishioners for whom English is not their first language. Help is always needed for these parishioners to practice speaking English in simple conversation. For more information about these classes, contact Father Juan.
We also get together for fun and fellowship.
- The Women’s Group gathers on the first Tuesday of every other month at a local restaurant for fellowship over a wonderful meal. Friends are welcome.
- The Men’s Group also gathers on the first Tuesday of every other month gather at a local restaurant for fellowship.
- Parish Wide Outings and Events, such as the annual parish picnic or a trip to the Wilmington Blue Rock, are great times to socialize. These events sometimes also need volunteers to help with coordinating, cooking, and clean-up. Ideas for outings are welcome.