Many parishioners are involved in welcoming visitors and helping new members find a comfortable place in our parish, and they are always looking for more volunteers as:
- Welcoming committee members to welcome visitors and newcomers as they arrive for worship at the 10:30 service and make sure they complete visitor cards and meet parishioners at coffee hour.
- Coffee-hour refreshment volunteers who sign up to bring light refreshments for all to share at coffee hour after worship services.
- Hospitality volunteers to oversee coffee hour needs and offer hospitality.
- Shepherds who help newcomers become acclimated at Trinity.
At Trinity, we have many opportunities to lend a hand — whether it’s working on a committee, spending a few hours helping in the office, or providing a meal for a parishioner in time of need. Check out these opportunities to see where you can get involved.
- The vestry is the leadership group charged with articulating the mission of the parish and managing financial responsibilities. The parish elects vestry members to serve three-year terms.
- Vestry subcommittees are ad-hoc committees of vestry and lay members who work on specific topics or tasks such as adult education, building connections, or website updates for varying lengths of time.
- The stewardship committee is a volunteer group that organizes the annual stewardship message and materials.
- Meal train volunteers bring a meal or meals to a parishioner who has a new child or is in need due to surgery, illness, or other crisis. Anyone can sign up to prepare a meal through the Meal Train
- Office volunteers assist in the parish office on an as-needed basis, helping to assemble bulletins, answer phone calls, stuff envelopes, and other administrative tasks.
- Greens workshop arrangers typically gather on a Saturday morning near Christmas to create the beautiful Christmas arrangements used in the churches, chapel, and foyer.
We also get together for fun and fellowship.
- The Women’s Group gathers on the first Tuesday of every other month at a local restaurant for fellowship over a wonderful meal. Friends are welcome.
- The Men’s Group also gathers on the first Tuesday of every other month gather at a local restaurant for fellowship.
- Parish Wide Outings and Events, such as the annual parish picnic or a trip to the Wilmington Blue Rock, are great times to socialize. These events sometimes also need volunteers to help with coordinating, cooking, and clean-up. Ideas for outings are welcome.